CCR

       1.     How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups 

or issues?

This music video shows two characters who battle society's relationship norms. In my video I created a 
positive representation for the LGBTQ+ community. I showed two closeted classmates who struggle to
accept they love each other. This Music video shows that there's no rules to any specific gender while dating. Usually in music videos, like Taylor Swift's original video for this song, only boys and girls are seen falling for each other, however, in this video it focuses on two girls. In doing so, this video is challenging the general idea represented by most love songs that show girls and guys struggle to admit their feelings to each other. Homophobia in religious settings also contributes to the struggle of gay love. Depending on your religion its difficult for society to except this "abnormal" circumstance. Moral of the video is to love what ever gender you prefer or desire. Any members of the LGBTQ+ community that struggle to come out to there loved ones can use this Video to over come any conflict in their lives. 

2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text
The audience can relate to this video and build confidence to over come any negative connotation that comes with irregular relationship norms. This Video will build society's courage up as a whole. It can engage teenage girls like myself by giving them power to be who they are and not wanna hide it. My product shows a struggle, not accepting who you are, that many general audiences can relate and experience with. This message can be spread through different social medias and hashtags. Each posts is a way to bring light to this issue. In todays age many people are distributing this social issue through apps like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter etc. These apps carry I wide population of students my age. This then can relate to such students because you never know what is going on in a person head, wondering any they are being judged because of such action in place. 

3.     How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

You can tell my production skills gradually got better and better throughout the video. The audience sees in the beginning how ready we are with the first scenes we filmed. It may seem a bit strange towards the end but overall I think I did well. I practiced on shooting from different angles other then the normal medium cause up scene. Going into this project with a pretty okay commericial plays a role because it Tells the audience how far I have become in the filming portion ad editing of the music video. I believe practice makes perfect and the more I continue to work on the different projects for this class the more growth is made and advancement towards this topic is put fourth.


4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware, and online – in this project? 

Alot of technology and different programs were used going into this project. An Iphone was used both as a prop and to film the video process. I used apples cinematic mode on camera to ensure perfect quality. There were multiple scenes through the video that had some what technology such as; Computers, laptops, head phones, etc. After completing each scenes video I used the software IMovie to edit. I found this to be the best editing platform for me because it wad extremely straight forward and Ive had experience on this app before. I believe technology has an everyday role in today society so it doesn't take me by surprise to see it used so much throughout my music video. 






Comments

Popular Posts